Friday, October 29, 2010

Did Not Make the Cut

I am currently not working.
I took the plunge and decided to be a "bummer".
Well, that was what one person actually asked if that was my true intentions...
It is both weird & frustrating, but in Singapore, the profession "Artist", do not quite sit properly in this society's head. If I say, "artist", a doubtful frown will normally pop up. But once I switch it to 'Photographer', the expression usually changes immediately to an acknowledging nod.

So since I have so much time on hand, I had been looking at so many wonderful images and helping out with Singapore International Photography Festival (SIPF 2010).
Ironically, I am currently nursing an eye infection.

Hopefully, I will not become a "bum". So I made myself a checklist of the things I should do. Not like anyone really bothers to know....

kittyStar's "Bumming" Checklist

1) Create more "art"
2) Find a part-time / temp job to sustain the "art" making
3) Tidy up the room
4) Tidy up the negatives
5) Find a better storage place for portfolio

Looks like I got lots of spring cleaning to do....

Anyways, I volunteering for the Singapore International Photography Festival (SIPF 2010) has been not too bad. I got to assist a couple of prominent overseas curators, and I attended these really brilliant workshops by Frank Breuer and Massimo Vitalli. I even got to have lunch (and dinner) with them, and to pick their minds! HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET TO DO THAT?!!!? It was simply AWESOME! I also went for 3 days of Portfolio reviews, and got some really interesting and constructive feedback. :)

Coming back to the present, I will be working overnight at City Square Mall later to help out the SIPF team install shortlisted works for the Mosaic Photo Competition. I submitted 2 images, but I guess my images were not pretty enough to make the final cut.... well, oh well.


B+W,Travel,Architectual
Singapore National Museum - 2007


B+W,Travel,ArchitectualPadang - 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment